Tuesday, March 18, 2014

what malaysian airlines has taught me ...

I may have mentioned a time or four hundred, that I DO NOT CARE FOR FLYING IN ACTUAL AIRPLANES!... not one single iota of a bit. Call it a fear, call it a phobia, call it irrational, call it whatever you want to call it ... I don't care ... just like I don't care for flying.

And if this Malaysian Airlines debacle has taught me anything, it is that my thinking is totally justified! People ... let's leave all of the flying for the birds & the Wright Brothers.

All of my people know that I would rather walk to the moon instead of fly there. Well, a few years ago, Mister & the Bestie's husband, Pappy, thought it would be a fun idea to plan a surprise trip to New York City for my 35th birthday. And, by the way, we weren't walking to NYC! The story was we were going to spend the weekend in Charlotte, and me & Bestie were going to walk around IKEA until our feet fell off & I was tickled to death with that idea ... because of the driving to our destination!

When we got to Bestie & Pappy's house to leave for "Charlotte", Mister decided to show us a video & this happened ...



Can you see me slowly dying as I realize what is happening?!?!? & can you see Bestie about to do a cartwheel because she's so excited?!?! Opposites attract, y'all!

After I died a slow death inside, I took a couple of nerve pills & boarded the plane. We made it to NYC & Bestie posted this photo on facebook ...

(look at my eyes ... the pills obviously did their job)
 
Now, in the spirit of full disclosure ... I survived the flight there & had a wonderful time in NYC. Mister & Pappy did the right thing by surprising us with the trip, because I would have never gone if I had known. However, I did have a slight nervous breakdown in the lobby of our hotel when I realized I had to FLY BACK HOME! Bless my heart!
 



1 comment:

  1. Awww Emma! Hugs! Glad you had a fabulous time, nervous breakdown aside. Besides Bestie's obvious euphoria and your obvious dysphoria, the other thing I noticed was just how pleased Pappy seemed to be with himself :)

    ReplyDelete