Tuesday, March 25, 2014

what i'm reading ... Hands Free Mama

I came across the book Hands Free Mama by Rachel May Stafford a few weeks ago & knew I reeeaaallllly wanted to read it. However, I was honestly a bit scared to dive into it. I knew it was going to step all over my toes! And, boy has it!


Don't misunderstand the title. Being a "Hands Free Mama" is not having a hands-off approach to parenting ... it's about putting down the cell phone, the to-do list, & the need to fill every single minute with activity after activity. It is about being present in the lives of your family. To stop waiting for things to slow down someday ... because if you wait for things to slow down someday it will never come.

Hands Free Mama has great advice about letting go of the need to be connected to everyone except the people that really matter ... the folks under your own roof! I am so guilty of letting my cell phone occupy my every spare minute or having my to-do list dictate my day. With each chapter I read of this book, I'm realizing little ways I can find a balance between all of the to-do's & enjoying the little moments with the people I treasure the most!

It's a great book & if you struggle with enjoying the now, like I do, I highly recommend it!


You can read more about Hands Free Mama HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment