Friday, March 21, 2014

favorite things friday: sun spots, the perfect combo, & dancing!

People, this week has been a roller coaster full of highs & lows!

The beginning of the week was cold & it rained for 3 days straight. Yesterday Spring arrived & showed her pretty little face with 70* temps. Then I read & heard about an impending "Winter" storm that may happen next week & my head almost exploded. If you read {FMLPC} yesterday, you may have sensed a slight tone of disappointment in my post. Well, ok, it was more of  a harsh rant & I may have even used Chick-fil-a's name in vain. It's all a blur ...

In my defense, I had just spent the evening at the skating rink with 50 kids, and that much noise & use of strobe lights was just enough to put me a bit on edge. Well, when I read about winter weather for next week I fell completely over the edge ... we all have our breaking points!


So ... to put myself in a better frame of mind, let me share with you some of the more positive things from my week ...

* Last weekend me & Bestie had the best time! I did something I hadn't done since college ... visited a REAL makeup store & bought REAL makeup! Since I woke up one day a couple of weeks ago & realized I am now middle-aged, I thought maybe I should start taking better care of my skin. I mean, these sun spots are not going to correct themselves, y'all!

* I got a birthday gift this week that I am CRAZY over. It is the perfect combination of 2 of my favorite things ... a baseball cap & the monogram!!!!


Thanks, Amber!!!!

* &, o my word, I can't forget to mention the actual season premiere of Dancing With the Stars .. not the pretend premiere I thought was happening LAST week. Poor Billy Dee Williams ... bless him! Candace Cameron Bure rocked it & got the first 9 of the season! I {heart} her! I love that she seems to be so genuine about her faith & how much her family means to her. The day after the premiere I came across this article ....


& it made me love her even more!!!


And that's about it, y'all! Happy Friday! Have a great weekend!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Emma - I am totally amazed with your blog! It's lovely, sweet and hilarious! I always knew you were artsy talented, but really! This is so cool! Love you! Renie

    ReplyDelete