Monday, November 11, 2013

hope ...


hope .... a feeling of expectation & desire for something to happen ... a feeling of trust.

what do you hope for? what does your heart desire? where have you placed your trust?

several years ago I was praying ... very hard, I might add ... for something. I was praying that something I so desperately wanted would become God's will for me. to think back now, it sounds so foolish .. that I'd ask God to readjust HIS will to line up with what I desired.

one day I was standing at the kitchen sink & it was just like God himself spoke to me ... know what He said? He told me I had it all wrong. instead of asking Him to make what I wanted to become His will that I needed to readjust my thinking & my praying. I needed to let His will become my desire.

see ... I needed to put HIS will before MY desire. so my prayer changed. I began to pray that God's will .... whatever it was ... would become my desire for my life. see, my hope needed to be in His will instead of my hope being in what I wanted. & guess what ... not very long after I changed the way I was praying ... God answered!

the very thing I had hoped for happened! I really feel what I was praying for was God's will all along, but He had to teach me how pray for it. He had to show me where my hope belonged ... it belonged in HIM & HIS will!

so, whatever it is you are expecting, the thing you desire, or the thing you are trusting for ... put your hope in Him & let His will become the place your hope lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment