Wednesday, November 20, 2013

a little pinspiration: one pot wonder!

I told y'all last week on Favorite Things Friday that I was going to try a new recipe over the weekend ... it was GOOOOOODDDDD! & will definitely find its way into my "4 meals that I can cook" rotation! Better yet ... it is easy & a 1 potter {not a lot of clean-up} & it involves sausage, cheese, & pasta .... no losers here!

I found the recipe on Pinterest. Kevin & Amanda {www.kevinandamanda.com} posted it on their blog last year.


Spicy Sausage Pasta

1 tbsp. olive oil
1 lb smoked sausage {I used turkey sausage}
1.5 C diced onions
2 cloves of garlic {I only used 1}
2 C chicken broth
1 - 10 oz can Ro-Tel tomatoes & green chiles {be SURE to get mild or your lips will melt}
1/2 C heavy cream
8 oz penne pasta
1/2 tspn salt & pepper, each
1 C Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1/3 C thinly sliced scallions

1.  Add olive oil to oven-safe skillet over medium heat until just smoking. Add sausage & onions. Cook until lightly browned {about 4 minutes}. Add garlic & cook until fragrant {about 30 seconds}.

2.  Add broth, tomatoes, cream, pasta, salt & pepper, & stir. Bring to a boil, cover skillet, & reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until pasta is tender {about 15 minutes}.



3.  Remove skillet from heat & stir in 1/2 C cheese. Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with scallions. Broil until cheese is melted, spotty brown, & bubbly.



So easy ... sooooooo goooooood! You will love it .... promise!

2 comments:

  1. YUMMO!!! Bookmarked this FOR SURE!!! Thanks so much for linking up!!! :) Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a good pasta dish! Can't wait to try! -Alisa

    ReplyDelete